View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010   #473
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The Texans are 3-2 and tied for the lead in the AFC South. Kubiak is not getting fired anytime soon.

Having said that, I'm still bothered by Kubiak's gameday coaching approach. He is constantly standing alone, 40 to 50 yards from the LOS, and only speaking to whoever is on the other end of the headset. He never comes over to talk to the players when they come off the field. He never coaches or motivates the players during dead times, like TV timeouts. I find myself just watching Kubiak on the sideline, rather than the game. He seems dispassionate and removed during the game.

I just can't fathom how a coach can lead his team, when he is standing 50 yards away at all times. My bottom line is wins. 3-2 is better than 1-4 or 2-3. The Texans are still on course for reaching their goals. But in my heart, I just don't believe in Kubiak's coaching style. A head coach should lead on the field. And the Texans don't get that from Kubiak.
Kubiak spoke to several players today. I know it's out of the norm, but I saw him speak to Kareem, Bernard, Schaub & AJ... some of them more than once.