View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010   #452
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1688 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fire Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
He gets to play the cards he's chosen. Every player on this team except AJ is hand picked by Kubiak. When people have widely felt that the Texans needed more help in the secondary, he's drafted differently. Kubiak has drafted three DBs in the first three rounds in the time he's been here: Bennett (bust), Molden (bust), and Kareem Jackson (more NFL ready than other DBs available, right?). He's hand-picked the cards he's playing.

People felt that the team needed a safety, and he picked other positions. People felt that they needed a space eating DT, and he picked other positions. So I recognize that the players are not getting the job done - but these players are not inherited guys. They're his guys.
HE doesn't pick them; Rick Smith does, although ALL the coaches weigh in on their recommendations. They don't get to pick first-round talent every round. This team has had so many holes to fill, they take what they can. You telling me you'd take a safety over every other 1st and 2nd round pick we've had in Kubiak's years here? Give back Mario, Cushing, Ryans, D-Brown, Ben Tate, Kareem Jackson? Be realistic. If we had 5 first round picks every year, we'd have the best damn team in NFL history now, wouldn't we?