View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010   #433
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default It's Time for "That" Thread

Yes, this is a thread in favor of dumping Kubiak. No, I don't have nor want any pink soap. This is not a reactionary thread to today's loss but a cumulative evaluation due to his time here. I have been a proponent of Kubiak's for a long time now. I felt he was the right man for the job. It looks like I was wrong.

Frankly, most of you are going to roast me on this, but I think that outside of perhaps 12 players, our roster is void of real talent, and that they are merely overachieving within the scheme. Today was a great case in point. Yes, we were definitely outmanned, but the Giants today showed us that if you obliterate that scheme, Matt can't throw worth crap, our line can't block worth a darn, and our receivers' route running abilities are negated.

Our defense has always tried to be a scheme that doesn't work. With the exception of much better coaching than the last regime (which isn't saying much), I feel like we are still in the same position we have always been...we need a DT, FS, CB, and coverage LB. On offense we need a QB who doesn't throw funky balls for the whole first quarter and can make tough throws in good coverage without the receiver having to make an amazing play. I'm not saying Matt can't be that guy, but I hate that I have no faith in him winning us hames on his own like the elite QBs in the NFL can. It drives me nuts that he constantly underthrows receivers on passes that would be easy TDs all the time.

I know I'm going to get flack for this, but I really feel its time for a change. We have a horrid defense that can barely hold on to blowouts against bad teams, and a flashy offense that can only put up points when there is no expectations on them. The truly elite offenses don't get stonewalled as often as we do. And unless we have a defense that can score points and win games for us when they don't show up, we are still looking from the outside of the playoff race.

I love watching defense...the Texans constantly make me sick and livid with their play. I think it's time for a defensive guru.