View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010   #30
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fantasy Football Disagreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Good, fair post. For the record, it is an ESPN league so it has no ties to his email address or anything like that. I do think comparing me logging into his account is like me breaking into his house is quite a stretch, but your point is taken. One though actually involves his possessions, has him filing a police report and freaking out, and thinking he has to replace his locks, and the other involves him FANTASY football account being played with but everything repaired immediately.

Honestly if the roles were reversed, I might have been upset for a minute, called my friend a few four letter words, but would have been over it in a few hours once he got it fixed.
I agree, as noted above, that since this isn't tied directly to an email account this isn't as violating as it could've been. In that case he should have been able to let go of it by now. You are correct that FF is not the same as a house break in, but acquiring access to an email account is in that direction. Hence, the "if it was" part.

Had it been email related, though, it is a misdemeanor crime if just snooping around. From there it can turn into a felony. Just ask David Kernell.

I am glad this worked itself out. Hopefully y'all will be able to move past this without further issues. If he seems ok and then bitchy later back and forth as it sounds like he has, then maybe not. He sounds like a girl.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote