View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010   #19
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 59406 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fantasy Football Disagreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Thanks for the post. I especially agree with the bold and thought the line about going straight from misdemeanor to felony put the whole argument into perspective. If I had committed a felony, my friend definitely would have had more of a case. If the trade had gone through and/or if I caused his team to lose his game, I could understand his reaction.

Your post perfectly sums up what happened, and I actually emailed the league about it immediately after I saw his email. I explained it was a joke, that I wasn't trying to cheat the league, and that I got the trade vetoed. No harm done other than the invasion of my friend's privacy.

And this was my argument. Since I didn't effect his team in a negative way, the argument was between my friend and I. No need to take it to a bunch of people in our fantasy league.

Pretty funny you and your buddy do that. Also, changing asshole to Bud Adams would be awesome. My friend has just been a Bud Adams about this whole thing!

Interesting the different perspectives. Honestly, this is how I feel but since my friend seems to view it as an invasion of his privacy, I guess I need to be willing to go along with that because that is his perception of what happened. Like you said though, I gained no extra knowledge that I couldn't gain by just looking at this team on the league page.

Your line at the end is hysterical! If I had read this early enough, I would have done so.

Nice perspective on the matter coming from an IT admin. I guess what I didn't know or think about when I did this whole thing is even though what I am looking at on the fantasy page is full public access, the invasion of his privacy occurs when I try guessing his password. Whether or not it only took me 1 try to get it doesn't matter.

Hilarious line at the end! He would have to be a closet Bony Homo fan because as far as I can tell, he is the biggest Texans fan I know other than me. Very funny though!

Agree completely. This is why it is good to get other perspectives.

As far as Hightower, he is only much of a fantasy football option because of the injury to Beanie Wells. He isn't your everyday starting RB or even an every week flex option. On the other hand, Orton could start for him every week considering how bad he is at QB (Derek Anderson & Mike Vick).

Anyway, thanks a ton everyone for the comments. I will rep all of you I can for the comments as I really appreciate the advice. My buddy and I have actually worked it out in time to go tailgate tomorrow at the Texans game, although no tickets to the game, we will have tvs set up, and party on hoping/expecting to see a Texans victory. He ended up emailing me and apologizing for sending the email. He still is being weird though and has decided he doesn't want to play but the league commish is having someone else take over his team and pay the dues so no harm is done to the league. At least if he realizes emailing the league was a ***** move then I am cool. I wished he would have just kept playing in the league, but that is his choice. What's important is that we root on the Texans in the parking lot tomorrow while many of you root them on inside the stadium.

Out of curiosity, was his team doing poorly? Or less than what he was expecting?