View Single Post
Old 07-23-2004   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe Eddie is out of gas and this confirms it in my mind.

My theory was that if the Raiders signed him then Al Davis had used his "mojo" to verify that Eddie had something left in the tank. All old players who get the boot because their team thinks they aren't worth the money any more go to the Raiders IF they can still play. Al Davis (creepy though he may be) has a sort of 6th sense about this.

Jerry on the other hand has a different sort of "mojo". He's used it in the past to pluck pearls like Quincy Carter out of the draft for instance. His signing of Eddie George is going to be like that. George will have a better year than Emmitt did last season but it's nothing to get excited about. Eddie will not be a factor this season though it might put a few more butts in the seats.