View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004   #66
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 22889 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistril48
Number19, I didn't mean to imply that your write-up wasn't accurate. Rather, I was trying to say that I doubted the write-up you were referring to was an accurate reflection of the player.

I can't imagine that the Texans would trade up to get Babin in the first round if the negatives were accurate, although time will tell. Capers has a pretty good track record with young linebackers. I believe his first college coaching assignment was working with Jack Lambert.
No problemo. I knew your intent; I simply thought it would be good to print the entire analysis and source. I also agree with your analysis, this is why I'm only mildly concerned. I'm sure CC and company are well aware of any shortcomings. For one, we do not know how they intend to use Babin in their defensive scheme- left or right - and they obviously feel he is coachable. What it does mean is that we shouldn't expect pro bowel caliber of play his rookie year. He will require a year or two for seasoning and developement. And it does mean there is that small possibility he may not quite pan out as expected. But regardless, Peek and Babin should represent an upgrade over '02 & '03.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote