View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010   #21
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans VS Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
I will agree with that.. add the extra 200 for parking..and then the tailgating aspect of it..who can really put a good figure on that.
As for what you said OLP8, I had a friend who had season tickets but could not afford to purchase them this season so he watches from home now, is he any less of a "fan" now? Is DB who had other priorities come along who now thinks his money is spent better elsewhere, is he less of a "fan" now?
You do not have to go to the actual game and tailgate and all of that to be a true fan..I will honestly say that over the past 8 years and stupid dollars I have spent on everything Texans related, that I am no more a fan than the guy who is at home watching or at a bar.. or the guy who has spent more than me anymore of a fan than I am.
Thank you hobie! That is what I was trying to say. To assume that anyone that wants to go to the game can find a way to afford it, or not be a true fan, comes across as sanctimonious crap to me. I have been to one game at Reliant, and enjoyed it tremedously. And if I could afford season tickets, I would get them. But, I would have to get the for the family, not on a rotational basis. I couldn't even think of telling my wife and girls that no, they can't go to this game just because I want to. That would be like telling your kid that you will take him fishing "next time".