View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010   #89
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BADBOY's 2011 pre-season mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I agree with most of what you said with the exception of the fact that since there are 2-3 CB's on the field at any given time I wouldn't hesitate to take a CB in the 1st round next year. 2011 seems to be a good CB year as well. It's yet to be proven if Jackson can handle being a #1 CB in the NFL but I think he's started off well and should do fine. We still need to improve our level of talent at CB though. Quinn or McCain will make good nickles or average #2 CB's but it sure would be nice to have another high talent CB especially in the new era of NFL football that's very pass oriented and many teams are running 3 WR sets quite often. So many teams are playing nickle or dime defenses so often that improving the CB talent on any team is a must, remember you can never have to many good CB's. I wouldn't argue with BPA in the 1st round as long as it's at a position of need, ie: CB, FS, DT, or OG/C. Of course all positions of need are dependent on how players play this year and on injuries.
CB is a premium position but I would like to see Texans solidify the pass rush with BPA for their system (Connor Barwin out places higher priority too). The team that owns line of scrimmage usually wins the game so a premier DT or DE would only make it easier for the CB's.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote