View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010   #88
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BADBOY's 2011 pre-season mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Let's break it down by position of importance & balance with salary cap hit down the road. Whatever the player/position they select it will take a larger chunk of cap space if he's successful, which is what we're hoping for right? So what are the big paying positions? In my mind the big three are QB, LT, CB. All three of which seem to be well along to accomplish this tri-fector (Schaub, Duane Brown, Kareem Jackson[maybe a little early to say yet]).

So I would be surprised if they choose anyone, unless glaring bpa, who play QB, LT or CB. The next group DE (Mario) DT (Amobi/Mitchell) WR (Andre) & MLB (DeMEco/Sharpton) are also pretty much covered. maybe if there is a dominant point of attack nose tackle late first I could see them taking another elite inside tackle (Jerrell Powe/Steven Paea - both prospects fit work ethic/character clean profile). Amobi is in the final year of his rookie contract so depends how well he plays & do the Texans feel his value is worth agent compensation demands, color me skeptical right now but he does have at least 15 more games to prove otherwise

Third group would include all other positions, OL, RB, LB, TE etc.... so I would focus on bpa who fit scheme/team @ the biggest need position.

BL

I agree with most of what you said with the exception of the fact that since there are 2-3 CB's on the field at any given time I wouldn't hesitate to take a CB in the 1st round next year. 2011 seems to be a good CB year as well. It's yet to be proven if Jackson can handle being a #1 CB in the NFL but I think he's started off well and should do fine. We still need to improve our level of talent at CB though. Quinn or McCain will make good nickles or average #2 CB's but it sure would be nice to have another high talent CB especially in the new era of NFL football that's very pass oriented and many teams are running 3 WR sets quite often. So many teams are playing nickle or dime defenses so often that improving the CB talent on any team is a must, remember you can never have to many good CB's. I wouldn't argue with BPA in the 1st round as long as it's at a position of need, ie: CB, FS, DT, or OG/C. Of course all positions of need are dependent on how players play this year and on injuries.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote