View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010   #60
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tailgate question re $ for food

I've never known the Blue Crew to expect travelers to bring food. That's much to difficult, esp when some come to spend Sat night and have no place to store perishables. Even it you leave in the middle of the night in order to get to the tailgate bright and early, noone wants to stop by and waste travel time shopping at Walmart, or having to look up where some 24 hr supermarket is located. It's also very TIRING to drag a cooler all the way over from yellow, purple, red, or the far corners of orange, or any of the lots really. Man, that's a long haul and personally, I would not do it. That's why all of us bring enough for our families, and extra for anyone else. We've NEVER, not once that I remember, ran out of food.

I apologize to anyone who has felt uncomfortable coming to our tailgate to eat. I guess I've become so laid back, and the BC has so much of that family type atmosphere, that I just expect all our Texan family to do like my kids do at home. They just come in and get after it, no questions ask!! If you do feel uncomfortable, just find someone you know and we'll take care of the rest. If it makes you feel better to bring something then that's ok too. We'll find ya a spot at one of the grills and you can just go to town cooking. Heck, we might recruit ya!! Just come to have fun and enjoy the tailgating atmosphere. That's what's important.

As for the "sub" groups, they are part of the Blue Crew also, and I've never known any of them not to share. NITRO! Next time find me and I'll introduce you to Katie, aka jjizebell (sp) on this board, and if she's got "crack" she'll take care of ya! lol Her "crack weiners" are AWESOME!! In fact, I think you've already met her.

Katie (glasshalffull) hit the nail on the head. Our tailgate is like one HUGE pot luck dinner. Just bring what ya want and put it on the table. Trust me, it will be eaten!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote