View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010   #54
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 1851 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tailgate question re $ for food

In the Orange Lot at Pole 8 we started with 4 guys in 2002. We now have about 35-45 people on a weekly basis. The original 4 plan the menu, do the shopping, the prep, and the cooking on game day. The others chip in anywhere from $3-$10 depending on what we are having. Its an honor system and so far we have had great people that don't "mooch". We dont "ask" for money, but people will ask, "How much do I owe for today?" and then we tell them. We have a lady that brings 24 breakfast tacos every game (so shes free) LOL! This past weekend we had bacon cheese burgers, hot dogs, french fries, and baked beans as the main menu. We had a queso dip with taco meat, tamales, bacon wrapped jalapenos stuffed with shrimp and cream cheese, and ham/turkey/cheese/cracker tray to snack on till the food was ready. We ask that each person brings there own beer (often people will call and ask me to pick them up a case or 12 pack of something, I do, have on ice for them when they get to the tailgate, they pay me, no problem). We do have a margarita machine at our tailgate and people are more than welcome to use it as they wish. The 4 of us still never "break even", but the small contributions from each person helps when we do this over the course of 8 games (can't stand preseason). Yankee, we got our own KOOZIES for the first time this year. There is a guy on the board named John that did them for us. He did a great job and were very reasonably priced. You can PM me if you want his number.