View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010   #83
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BADBOY's 2011 pre-season mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
After watching the depth (?) play against Tampa Bay I am re-doing my mock. Knew it would happen just not so quickly.

1. Before : ODowd C
Now : Ryan Mallett QB
Reason: Pre-season has center looking even better as OGs are stronger. More importantly, QB looks really questionable. Dan O. has the skills & body to be Matt 2. It is the body between his ears that makes me go huh? Texans HAVE to have a solid # 2 QB not a maybe he'll do it guy. Can Orslovsky correct his mental lapses? Yes. Will he? I tried to find fault with the Oline and blocking of RBs (there was none by Henry)but both INTs were on O. A new CBA with reduced rookie scale will make this a no brainer pick.
2009: 6'7" 238lbs 22 now; 3627 yds 30 TDs

2. Before: Gideon FS
Now I go:Jimmy Smith Colorado CB 6'2" 205lb 4.49 http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2011&genpos=CB
http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-colleg...ts/ci_15714768
Reason:
Wilson looking very good at FS and Nolan acts like a starter. Dominque whiffed on an open field tackle but I am not a Barber fan. Still I can see moving FS down a bit. We better really hope our top 2 CBs don't get hurt (Jackson, Quin and McCain) as McManus was terrible until second half when he seemed to be better. Coulda, shoulda had INT late in game. Reeves is playing like his feelings are hurt and seems to get worse each game. I am a bit surprised. Did not appear Moldin was in game.

3rd Endarle QB: still like him but Mallett possible franchise QB and Nathan may not be here.
Now : RB Leaning towards Jaquizz Rodgers Oregon State 5'7" 195lb as I followed him a bit last season but also gonna watch Demarco Murray Oklahoma 6'1" 214 4.48 who might fall due to injury history. I like him. http://www.demarco-murray.com/

Reason: Foster looks good to go and JJ is a diamond in the rough but injured toe last night. Slaton, Slaton, Stevie Slaton he could be great or poo. Henry may not be cut but he should be. I think we will see how valuable a good back is. Tate? Like Slaton, potential but who knows. This may be too high if all 3 work out and Kubes may not go this high hoping Tate is real deal.

5-7 remain the same.
Badboy, I like your 1,2,3(By position of needs QB,Oline, and FS). However, I am really concerned about our DE position. When Connor went down, it just hit me that we are not that deep in talent of DE position. I hope Conner's injury is not serious and able to come back 100% next year but shouldn't we be looking at DE position in early rounds?

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote