View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010   #3
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tailgate question re $ for food

That's been a "problem" for a few seasons... some people think that a bag of chips or cookies every week entitles them to unlimited food, drinks and snacks, not just for themself, but for the one or two extras they bring with them..
Now I call or email people who "used" to do that and tell them this is what is expected for them to bring this time.. believe it or not, I was expecting to get a little flak back from them, but it actually went over good, as they really never knew what they should have brought. This way they know that everyone else is dependant on them to bring whatever it is they were asked.
So if they do not, they are putting everyone else in a bad place by not having what was needed there..Sometimes knowing you will let down a lot of people in your group, friends, makes you not forget to bring things...
Money is never the right thing to do...as then they can say, I paid, I can have whatever is there...thus some people will take advantage..
Decide on the menu a few days out, get everyone on board, commit to who is bringing what, then just plan on it being taken care of.. You will know soon enough who is not reliable... then just make needed changes after..
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote