View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010   #2
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tailgate question re $ for food

Been trying to understand this for eight years Ryan. Finally gave up and just decided to "go with the flow." Regardless of how many times I ask, "what is everyone bringing" or try to establish a "menu" it went over like a dead colt! lol Kimberly and I use to try to "organize" the Blue Crew, and finally figured out that it was NOT gonna happen. BUT, over all, it seems to be working out just the way it is. Our overall group is HUGE, and a lot of members don't frequent this board, so everyone doing their own "thang" and bringing a little extra for friends, just seems to work out. Maybe with the "ticket" sales we can eventually improve the LOOK of the area. Get rid of the green and white stripped tents, get some cool banners or flags, get David some help with his grill. I've been with the BC since the beginning, and I don't believe we have ever ask anyone for money.

Also, the Blue Crew has about 5-6 sub groups. Yours, Justins, Wills, Dean, Jeff, and Andy's group, Joe's, Bills, and sometimes the motorhome group. Some of us feel ok wandering from group to group and checking out what you have, but, others don't. Sometimes I wish we could all be just ONE big happy family and pool ALL our goodies, but, I know that's not gonna happen. Have all the food in the middle, and have all the sub areas for entertaining, visiting, playing games, a separate place to sit down and eat, etc. That would increase our "grill" space and get folks out of the "food" space and out and about the different areas. I know that's a pipe dream of mine, and I accept that.

To answer your question a little better, you're probably spinning your wheels. People don't like for fork over money, and are usually offened if you bug them to do things YOUR way. I learned that from experience. Just bring what you want, or what you assigned yourself to bring. If the rest of the group doesn't do their part, they can spend mega bucks inside the stadium to eat. Most of all, don't fret about it. HAVE fun, it always works out.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote