View Single Post
Old 07-22-2004   #12
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 668 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

First thoughts after playing 2K5 for about an hour. I usually buy Madden but thought I'd give 2K5 a shot:

Gripes:

First of all, of all the logos they had to screw up they screw up the Texans. The logo is accurate on the uniforms and on the field (although it looks too small on the field), but on the menus and the graphics they have the logo with a thin white outline around it rather than the thick white outline which causes there to be a gap between the red and blue parts...annoying more than anything. I'm pretty picky when it comes to those things, but I think they could at least get that right.

Reliant looks fine everywhere but the roof. It's open or closed according to wheather but when its open it still has the beams going across. Imagine rather than retracting the roof they just ripped of the white "canvas" part and thats what it looks like. Don't know if that was just an easy way to do it but it looks wrong.

They still have Coleman playing Cornerback. And to make it worse I have yet to figure out how to change his position to safety. The only options are Mcree and Earl at Safety.

For some reason they have J.J. Moses too high on the depth chart...I was a little surprised when the first pass I completed was to my kick returner. That can be changed so I wasn't as upset about that.

In franchise mode the in week training that ESPN hyped seems a little tedious.

Chris Berman looks scarier on the game than he does on tv. What is it with computer animated people that gives me the creeps?

Pros:

You can choose the red uniform...and they decided that the white helmet was somehow a throwback because you can use it too. But as far as I can tell you cannot use a red jersey with blue pants.

The game play seems good. This, of coarse, is the most important thing. I need to play it more to make a final judgement on that. Although the kicking meter arrow is ticking me off. The defense seems easier than Madden which is a plus.

These a just my first few impressions. I was pretty excited about it after the price went down to 20 bucks and decided to go ahead and try it. Its no better than Madden though.

I had decided that I would not buy Madden this year, but I think I'm going to go ahead and get it too.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote