View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010   #54
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TexansTalk Pick'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
So, I was talking to this guy I work with in Culver City, CA. And he's talking about all the great games this weekend and how picking the games is kinda tough. And he listed a couple of the tough games and I mentioned the Colts @ Texans. And he said to me, "Dude. I hate to break it to you but that game's really easy to call. No way in hell the Texans win."

And so I said, "Dude. Texans win that game. Period."

And he told me I was a homer and that he'd buy me a case of Diet Dr. Pepper if the Texans win. So I told him, "Cool, thanks for the case, I appreciate it."

He laughed.

And I asked so what would you have wanted in the remote outside chance that the Colts were able to find a way to win. And he said that the event of the Colts losing was so remote that he'd feel like he was stealing from me if I had to give him anything. So he just wants me to call and say I was wrong.

I can't wait to get a case of DDP from that smug Raider fan.
To be honest: I picked the Colts to win only because I don't want to be a homer and be wrong. I would much rather be wrong with Houston winning.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote