Thread: Rate my Team!
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010   #10
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rate my Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
You'd probably be able to have better depth if you watch closely this week pick up a sleeper on the waiver and drop at least one of your defenses.

I advocate not drafting defenses in the draft, unless you're league is weird, and just using the waiver wire for match-ups that you like. Those spots where you drafted D could've been valuable depth.
This draft forces you to take 2 of each position. That means you must draft 2 kickers, DSTs, TEs, QBs, which = 8. You also must draft 3 WRs and 2 RBs, so you have 2 slots leftover for whatever you want. I chose to take 1 RB (Jerome Harrison) and 1 WR (Jacoby Jones)with those. After that point, I cannot draft another WR or RB.

I took Jacoby Jones in the 11th round, but between him and my 9th round pick (McNabb) there were only a few WRs taken (49ers DST taken in 10th round). They were:
Jerricho Crotchery, Lee Evans, TJ Housh, Nate Burleson, Robert Meachum, Santonio Holmes and Malcom Floyd (this was before we knew VJax was sitting out).

Out of all those guys, I'm happy with Jacoby Jones, but if I had my pick today it would be Malcom Floyd, then JJ. No big deal as we are talking about a #4 WR who will only start on others bye weeks or in case of injury. This league also gives individual points for return yards (1 point per 50 yards) and TDs, so JJ does get a slight boost from that.