View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010   #10
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rate Hardcore's draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I really do like Spiller, I have him in my money league, but he's a rookie which makes him a big ? in my opinion. There are 2 other very good RB's to steal touches from him, their Oline is awful, they have no passing attack, and to top it off he's a small dude and I'm not sure if he can handle the rigorous 16 game NFL schedule.

On the plus side the kid is explosive and can house it any time he touches the ball. He's a natural catching the ball out of the backfield and shows great instincts in the open field. His cieling is high enough to be a top 5 back this year but his floor is also quite low. It's a high risk high reward pick.

The problem with Hightower and Sproles is that you need Mathews and Wells to go down for them to be worthy starters. Slaton, as much as I hate to say it, looks to be pretty much done. But like you said, he was a throw away pick.

Just my opinion though, lord knows I've been wrong before.
Exactly why I am nervous to start Spiller this week, I kind of just want to see how it goes. You're right about the state of the Bills.

I don't disagree with your anaylsis of Hightower/Sproles but they were ranked at a pretty good value and at that time in there draft there wasn't much left and in the end they are just bye week fill-ins, or maybe their value will go up because of injury as you stated. At some point I'll have to find another D and K so, somebody is going. I don't mind constantly revolving kickers though, it usually don't matter much.