View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010   #9
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rate Hardcore's draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I disagree about my RB's, or at least the top 3, the rest are bench and are subject to getting cut or bye week fill-ins. Bryant and Galloway are going to be stashed. Galloway was pretty much a throw away pick, there wasn't much left, I took him right before I took my kicker which was the last round.

BTW, I think Beanie Wells is injury prone, and I have two solid QB's, I have no problem with trading off Matt Ryan for another RB or WR.

IMO, I got a real good QB, 2 very solid WR's, I feel good about RB (maybe Spiller comes on strong? Sproles and Hightower could pan out, Slaton is a throw away pick I got him very late and AP is still AP), solid D and solid TE who gets a lot of receptions.
I really do like Spiller, I have him in my money league, but he's a rookie which makes him a big ? in my opinion. There are 2 other very good RB's to steal touches from him, their Oline is awful, they have no passing attack, and to top it off he's a small dude and I'm not sure if he can handle the rigorous 16 game NFL schedule.

On the plus side the kid is explosive and can house it any time he touches the ball. He's a natural catching the ball out of the backfield and shows great instincts in the open field. His cieling is high enough to be a top 5 back this year but his floor is also quite low. It's a high risk high reward pick.

The problem with Hightower and Sproles is that you need Mathews and Wells to go down for them to be worthy starters. Slaton, as much as I hate to say it, looks to be pretty much done. But like you said, he was a throw away pick.

Just my opinion though, lord knows I've been wrong before.