Thread: Rate my Team!
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010   #9
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rate my Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Well, the draft setup forces you to take 2 of each position, which only leaves two extra spots for WR and RB depth. So my current roster looks like this:

Starting Lineup as of today:
QB: Kevin Kolb
RB1: Chris Johnson
RB2: Arian Foster
WR1: Greg Jennings
WR2: Steve Smith (Car)
WR3: Roddy White
TE: Vernon Davis
DST: 49ers
K: Lawrence Tynes

Bench:
Donovan McNabb
Jerome Harrison
Thomas Jones
Jacoby Jones
Greg Olsen
Dolphins DST

I'm hanging on to the Dolphins DST for now to see how they do week 1. If they look good, I'll start them week 2 against the Vikings instead of the 49ers against the Saints.

Greg Olsen is definitely expendable, but I have no idea who to pick up in his place. A few guys on the wire I could get for him are:
RBs: Leon Washington, Fred Jackson, Cadillac Williams, Michael Bush, Darren McFadden.
WRs: Mike Thomas, Davone Bess, Mike Williams (SEA), Jerricho Crotchery, Jabar Gaffney, Danny Amendola, Devery Henderson, Laurent Robinson, Michael Jenkins, Devin Hester, Sidney Rice, Vincent Jackson

All of these guys are similar potential to me, so I think I would rather hit the wire on Tuesday morning rather than take a flyer on them now, unless someone has a hot tip...
Ok, that makes sense. Do you just have to draft 2 of every position or you have to maintain that on your roster at all times?

I think Cadillac has some potential this year. He had over 1,000 yards from scrimmage last year to go with 7 TD's. Nothing amazing but a solid back if you're hurting at the position. I've also heard a lot about his backup Kareem Huggins, apparently he is having a great camp and was a big factor in the decision to cut Ward. Might be something to at least keep an eye on.

Does your league happen to give points for return yards? If so Amendola is a very interesting player. He's returning punts and kicks as well as starting in the slot. PPR super sleeper IMO, but I could be bias being a Texas Tech fan.