View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010   #21
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What do you think of my draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Just as an overview, I rarely even pick a defense, I'll just play the waiver wire and see who matches up with who. 2 defenses? I don't understand that, it could be another sleeper type player. Same with having 2 kickers. There are still waiver wire guys that you can swap out from week to week and instead go for sheer talent. Definitely not a reason to draft 2 kickers.

Hope this helps. Unless you're running a 2 DEF 2 K league lol.
Having the two kickers were big for me last year. I had Kris Brown and Akers. Akers was doing better than Brown so I had Brown on my bench. When Akers had a bye, there wasn't anyone good (last year was pretty crappy for alot of kickers). Because I had Brown I could get rid of him and pick up a kicker for one week without risking putting Akers on the wire and losing him. After Akers came back, I realized I was only going to live and die with him because what was left was not any better. So then I let the other kicker go and picked up another skill position player without losing a skill position player.

I drafted two defenses because I had Pittsburgh defense last year and when I let them go, somebody picked them up and I suffered in the playoffs because of it since no other team avaiable was good. I also think Texans defense will be pretty darn tough this year and around week 2 or 3 I'll be able to have some trade bait between the two defenses. Of course it also allows me to do the same as with the kickers - not lose a skill position to get a skill position.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote