View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010   #9
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 22174 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: HPD cop causes havoc to Yellow Lot Tailgaters....

Quote:
If you were waiting in line on main street to go into the Yellow Lot around 145 on Saturday you know what I am talking about. HPD cop shows up and tells both lines waiting to get into the Yellow Lot to disperse because we were "impeding traffic". He even called for a wrecker and was threating to write tickets. I could not believe that crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Some people are idjits and there is no sense trying to argue with them!! just
Ok, guilty as charged. No argument here, but trying to get a better understanding, fair enough. I realize the get a good spot early part, but also there's a lot of difference in Houston traffic at 6:45 a.m. Sunday than 1:45 p.m. Saturday.

I thought years ago even on Sunday morning some of the tailgaters gathered in Bennigan's parking lot and remained until the gates opened. It's been a while, so perhaps I misunderstood. I know there's a shopping center that for the most part empty or very few businesses on Main that early arrivals could wait until the police could get there and set up to keep a better flow on the traffic.

I wish it could be a win-win for those entering the lots as well as those who going the multitude of destinations that time of the afternoon. Otherwise if there's a Texans game on Saturday, I guess for those shopping at Fiesta or Krogers better leave the ice cream off their shopping list.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote