View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What do you think of my draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
If you were last pick in the 1st round and took Brady, and with Schaub being taken 2nd, I'll assume Rodgers, Manning and Brees were off the board as well? That's 4 QB's in round 1 by the time it got to you. I'll have to assume somebody went with some WR in the first as well, maybe AJ, maybe Moss, maybe even Fitz. That makes me think there's some pretty nice talent at RB still sitting there. Jackson's a good pick, but if you had back-to-back picks, I probably would have went with another top RB that I'm sure was still sitting there.

Of course, as has been mentioned, hard to evaluate your roster without knowing the settings and scoring of your league.
Yeah Chris Johnson went #1 and Schaub went #2, then Aj, then Adrian Peterson, Maurice Jones Drew, Ray Rice, then Manning and Rogers etc... Basically by the time I got up I had Tom Brady as the top QB available and Steven Jackson was like the 2nd best back available. I remembered how well he did for me last season so he was my top back at that point.

So I picked Tom #1 for fear he wouldn't be there in the 3rd if I went WR/RB. Then I took Steven Jackson with top pick in the second. Larry Fitzgerald was there but I figured I needed a RB with my second pick because they were going fast. I also thought I'd get a crack at Desean Jackson or Miles Austin in the 3rd but they went like 3 picks ahead of me. So I got Michael Crabtree who is going to be the main target in SF.

I was going to wait for Foster in the 5th but he started climbing up the best available. Took him with my fourth and I already had Owen ready for my 5th rounder.

My top two Ds Pittsburgh and Minnesota came off the board so I admit I reached, but when Reggie Bush came off the board I'd figure I'd cash in on him somehow and so I claimed New Orleans D/ST with the 6th.

The list of QBs got slim so I realized my mistake last year was not having an available QB when I only selected Kurt Warner. So I said I wanted a guy that I could hold onto for a few weeks to see if he would explode. The weapons he has in Desean Jackson, Selek and Maclin helped me put Kolb on the bench right now.

Receivers began getting slim. Malcolm Floyd is going to help me for about 6 wks as he will be the main target for Rivers, who WILL get him the ball, while Jackson is out. Derrick Mason is always there for Joe Flacco and he gets a ton of receptions.

Wanted a back up plan for Foster and got Ricky

Bironas everytime I see him he makes kicks so I figured I'd jinx the heck out of this guy and select him so he will suck it up this year and drop a game or two to the Texans. Seriously, he was the most consistent kicker.

Bo Scaife is Vince Young's girlfriend now.

Houston Texans D was selected out of a bit of homerism but also because I think they will be a suprise. They might be helpful in October too.

Didn't know Julian Edelman has injuries but I thought about the possibility Wes Welker gets hurt again and you can't deny what he's done for his career.

Robbie Gould is pure selection to make sure I got someone an extra space to drop and add a player without losing a good position. If I have to let go of Bironas, Gould could help out. If I let go of Gould, he will only help my team and most likely will be there in the future if I need his services again.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote