View Single Post
Old 07-21-2004   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistril48
There is reason to believe that Johnson may show more improvement in 2004 than most sophomores. Johnson showed excellent size and speed for his position, but needs more work on his route running and hands. The good news is that route running and hands (somewhat) are coachable skills, compared to speed and size. In Johnson's case, he left college as a junior, with less college coaching than most players. I also believe that he ran track, rather than participate in spring football at UMiami, again reducing his college coaching.
I'd disagree with the route running mention. AJ was a surprisingly good route runner last year and it is one of his strengths. I'd probably disagree that he would show more improvement than most WR's going into his second year also since he had one of the better rookie years ever. He can improve on his year but to be one of the guys with a huge improvement is a stretch. The one area he may markedly improve is TD production. He can triple that (4) if he has a great year.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote