View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010   #15
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bleacher 2011 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Speaking of Ponder, what are your (hopefully unbiased) opinions on him as a pro QB? When watching him I dont see anything that screams "1st round QB", yet he is the consensus number 2 senior QB.
I don't really see anything that he can't do. I've seen the guy do it all from running the option, to scrambling and succeeding at that, to throwing the deep ball over the middle, to throwing the deep ball down the sideline, to throwing the intermediate routes, to throwing in the pocket, to throwing out of the pocket, to making smart dump offs, etc etc. He's really smart so I think he can handle everything mentally. One thing he needs to work on is not throwing INTs. He cut down on his INTs per pass significantly last year but he needs to keep working on that. We also need to see if he can stay healthy after he hurt his shoulder last year (tackling DeAndre McDaniel after an INT).

We'll see how he looks this year but I just don't really see anything that he can't do. Check out this video. This play got called back but look at this throw.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote