View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010   #77
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Hate This Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
No, that was the Colts that left in the middle of the night. Modell did the same as Adams, bitched about needing a new stadium, etc then finally took off for a better deal. However I don't see the difference.

If you wake up one morning and find your wife has ran off with another man, or she tells you in advance that she is running off with another man, what's the difference?? She is still a winch.

The only reason Bud Adams didn't leave Houston overnight is because he couldn't due to his contractual obligations to the Astrodome.

So if the Cowboys moved to Boise Idaho and became the Idaho Potato Heads you would have no ill feelings towards your former team or Jerry Jones? (assuming you would not be one of those morons that would still support a team that turns its back on its fanbase)
"Morons" is a nice way to put it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I believe that Bud really wanted to stay, but Bob Lanier called his bluff.
Actually, it's the opposite. We can dig up the news stories, but Lanier caved and Bud still moved the team.

Besides, ONE MAN owns the team. A mayor cannot force a team to move. That decision was made by ONE MAN. If Slug wanted to stay, he sure had a strange way of showing, but I'm not buying it for a minute when documented history is on the side that shows his greedy intentions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Let's just quite the bashing and have a chat while comparing stats from both teams. It's really easy.
It's the smack forum, Gary. The talk you're looking for will be in the forum called The National Football League. This particular forum requires thick reptilian skin.