View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010   #74
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: I Hate This Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I don't believe for one second that you would rather have CJ over AJ. A top elite WR is always going to be a better weapon to have than a top elite RB. For one they last longer in their careers, and for two you don't have to have a top elite RB to have a good running game. You need a good O line and you can be alright and you certainly don't have to have the best running game in the league to be successful. With WR's it's different. You can't just expect to have a great passing game because your O line is good or because you have a real good QB. QB's need weapons and elite level WR's like AJ or Fitz are hard to come by while finding a great RB can be pretty easy to come by.
I think the point is debatable. I agree a RB will not have as many quality seasons as a WR will but I also think a good RB is not that easy to come by as you make it sound. Each player works well on there respective teams. The Texans have always liked to play a much more open offense and an elite WR compliments that. The Titans play Fisher ball. Grind it out and clock management. An elite RB works well in that system. Remember we also have VY as our QB who has accuracy issues and before that we had Collins who is notorious for under throwing the ball and setting his WRs up for injury. On the Titans I would rather have the elite RB hands down.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote