View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010   #33
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Hate This Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I don't have a particular interest in Cleveland so this could be an assumption instead of a reality. For some reason I thought that Modell didn't tell the city of Cleveland or fans anything, just packed up in the wee hours of the night and headed out of town.

If true, even though offended I would prefer being told years in advance the departure was leaving rather than waking up to an empty house.

The Texans fans ended up with a more desirable owner, more bling than Bud offered if he would have stayed, yet some are still unhappy?
No, that was the Colts that left in the middle of the night. Modell did the same as Adams, bitched about needing a new stadium, etc then finally took off for a better deal. However I don't see the difference.

If you wake up one morning and find your wife has ran off with another man, or she tells you in advance that she is running off with another man, what's the difference?? She is still a winch.

The only reason Bud Adams didn't leave Houston overnight is because he couldn't due to his contractual obligations to the Astrodome.

So if the Cowboys moved to Boise Idaho and became the Idaho Potato Heads you would have no ill feelings towards your former team or Jerry Jones? (assuming you would not be one of those morons that would still support a team that turns its back on its fanbase)
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote