View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010   #17
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Hate This Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sway View Post
I too felt so burned with the Oilers move.... but with the past 8 years living in San Antonio, my absolute hatred for the cowgirls has definately quadrupled. Everywhere I go, people are sporting cowgirl crud- at the school I work at everyone bashes the Texans- and I teach Texas history I mean come on!
All of the beer in town has cowboy logos, and I make it very clear that I refuse to buy it because of that. Do these people really have to have gargantuan stickers of the star on the truck for the entire year? At least the spurs nuts can say they're in the same friggin city. I walk into HEB with my Texans shopping bags (i do not like recyclable bags. what a pain) and I get nasty looks from shoppers and REALLY nasty looks from the baggers. Jerks. There are nothing but cowboy coolers, shirts, jerseys, etc. at the grocery stores AND at academy. I ask the academy managers why they don't carry Texan gear, and they tell me "we don't sponser that team". I find it funny they can tell me that when the academy logo is on the scoreboard at Reliant. I HATE this city! Wore my OD jersey yesterday and got a compliment- it made my day :-) I really hope we cream the 'girls in September.

Had to rant. sorry.
As a San Antonian, I feel your pain. I'm still looking for a shirt that says "If the Cowboys are America's team I don't want to be America, I'm a Texan" to wear around.

On another note, I booed the Cowboys when I was downtown on Friday because they stalled traffic in front of the Grand Hyatt...as I drove by in my truck. Wasn't drunk, actually heading back to work from lunch, just wanted to piss of the masses with "Go Texans" while Columbo (I think) was walking into the Greyhound bus.