View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010   #31
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: FF Draft Suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
those are some crazy draft rules being random and all.

I gotta go with the consensus and roll with AP at #3 and they are the same reasons JB gave. Basically, there aren't a lot of good RBs and there are plenty of good QBs that will put points on the board for you. Go for QB after you have at least 2 or even 3 starters, and if possible try and get the QB of your #1 WR and/or #1 TE.

Nothing better than the doublescore on your QBs TDs. Rivers to Jackson and Gates last year was golden. Won my first Super Bowl after 11 years of being our league's fantasy football equivalent of the Buffalo Bills. (9 playoff appearances including 4 SuperBowl appearances without a title)

my team last year was sick (8 team league)
Rivers
Peterson
Gore
Andre Johnson
Fitzgerald
Vincent Jackson
Gates
Akers
Ravens

and some good guys on the bench like Johnathan Stewart who dominated late in the season when it was FF playoff time.

Go with RB in 1st then best RB or WR in the 2nd, then start looking at what other teams still need a QB and act accordingly in order to still land a quality QB at a position of high value. drafting against the grain can help too. when people are scrambling to fill WR draft QB. when people are scrambling for RB draft WR. Once you have some quality starters, be the first to look at TE and Kicker. The difference between the top5 TEs and the rest of the guys is astronomical...and as any fantasy football veteran knows, the Kicker can win a lot of games for you when points are at a premium.
Yeah, I'm actually comfortable with getting Favre, Chad Henne or Kolb as a QB in a later round. I like the upside of Henne now that they have Brandon Marshall.

How the hell do you get AP, AJ and Fitz? Did you have the #1 pick overall? I could see that happening, 1 get AP, 16/17 get the WRs, but man... you got lucky with all the high rated busts of Forte, Slaton, Calvin Johnson, etc...