Thread: Its Time
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004   #14
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastlyman2003
Its time for Domanick Davis to come on out, and show the league how he can tear stuff up! ... What ya'll think?
I think he won Pepsi Rookie of the Year last year.

Davis hasn't shown me that he's durable enough to withstand the pounding week in and week out.

Last year for example:

Training camp - broken hand - out 4 weeks
Week 3 - inactive - hip injury
Week 9 - chest/rib injury - had to leave game and did not return
Week 14 - inactive ankle/thigh injuries

Do any of you realize that 2000 yards is 400 carries at 5 yards per? If you get 320 carries out of the guy and he stays healthy it will be a major accomplishment. There were only 8 RBs in the league last year who had over 320 carries (20 per game avg.)

I have a feeling we'll see a lot of Hollings this year on third downs and in certain situations. If one guy gets 1500 and the other gets 500, that would be great. 125 rushing yards per game puts you in the top 10 in the league.

I stood next to DD back in February and there's no apparent bulk up - although I had nothing to compare it against. He's not a very big guy.

Last edited by aj.; 05-04-2004 at 08:56 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote