View Single Post
Old 07-19-2004   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think the Colts are going to sweep us this season. I also don't think that a sweep of the Titans by us is in the cards and I don't take a sweeping of the Jags for granted either. Honestly I think that any team in the AFC South has a chance to sweep any other team. We're just as likely to sweep the Colts as they are to do it to us.

I see the season shaping up like this (Standard disclaimer regarding the fact that this prediction is being made prior to training camp starting applies. Everything can change with an injury or two and someone getting hot (or cold) and of course this is off the top of my head).

Chargers - We win this one. Opening day magic continues for one more season.

Lions - Second win in a row and monkey off our back. Texans make early noise in the press. Headlines give them way too much credit for the two wins and act like they've "arrived" because lets face it, in the early part of the season the press is looking for a story.

Chiefs - Here I'm going out on a limb. We beat the Chiefs and the hype really gets going. I expect the Chiefs to overlook us a little this time around (even though we're going in there 2-0. Because of who we've played and how they beat us last year they are this seasons Dolphin game) It's going to be close but we manage to hold on for the win.

Raiders - We lose. No worries though because we finish the first quarter of the season 3-1 and everyone is happy.

Vikings - We lose again. It's going to be close but we just don't find a way to beat them. Now we're 3-2 and a few people start to grumble about play calling and Chris Palmer.

Titans - We lose another one. At 3-3 the grumbling is louder even though this game (like most of the games against the Titans) is very close and we don't get thumped.

Jaguars - We win again to get back above .500 and everyone gives a little sigh of relief. Plans for our Super Bowl victory party start to be made by some of the more optimistic fans.

Broncos - We win again. I don't personally believe that the Broncos are going to be very good this year. Time will tell but that's just my opinion. Losing to the Texans at home will be the game that increases the heat on the Denver coaching staff. In Houston some of the more level headed fans start to make plans to attend the previously announced Super Bowl victory parties they heard about the week before. We finish the first half of the season at 5-3 and in contention. Things are looking up.

Colts - We lose and drop to 5-4. It's another close game but we drop it.

Packers - We win and surpass our previous win total to reach 6-4. A victory over the Packers gets the Texans back some of the media attention that they lost during that 3 game losing streak.

Titans - We win at home and at 7-4 everyone is talking playoffs and laughing at Bud Adams. Finally the desire to see him lose to us is quenched.

Jets - We lose. The Jets have Chad Pennington this time around and it's not nearly as close as it was in 2003 though we don't look horrible. We just don't win. 7-5

Colts - We win and split with the Colts to reach 8-5.

Bears - We lose a game that we should probably win to a not very good Chicago team. 8-6 but we're still in it.

Jaguars - We get swept by the Jags (finally, they're the only AFC South team that hasn't done it yet) and we drop to 8-7. Palmer is really catching the heat now from his critics.

Browns - We win to finish 9-7 and need help to get into the playoffs. We don't get it and spend the off season talking about a couple of close losses and listening to the "Fire Palmer" crowd despite the Texans progress to the very edge of the post season in only three years of existence.

The good news is we post a winning record in 2004 and we follow it up with 11 wins in 2005 and our first playoff appearance.

One game in 2004 goes the other way and we make the playoffs this year. It's entirely possible we only win 7-8 games but I don't think so.

That's what I think anyway (right now).