View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004   #62
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 25944 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistril48
...In the run game, I would think you would want you better run defender, or stronger player on the left side, or the strong side, to hold up against more blockers (RT, RG, TE, FB generally).

All of this leads me to believe that everything else being equal, they would prefer Babin on the left (if bigger equals stronger against the run) and Peek on the right...
Good explanation and the scenario of Babin on the left is the one I'd like to see develope.

What mildly disturbs me is the write-up on Babin says he does not take on blockers, at the point of attack, very well. He prefers to "elude" blockers. He has fine weight room strength, but he does not utilize it on the football field. Unless the coaches can correct this, he may be better suited on the right.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote