View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Q And A With Matt Schaub

Some of that’s on Schaub, who’s not exactly Mr. Saturday Night when it comes to interviews. By his own admission, he keeps it dull.

The fourth-year starter talked about his low-key approach, the Texans’ push for a first-ever playoff berth and several other subjects during an interview with Yahoo! Sports:

Jason Cole: People say you’re intentionally boring and that you actually work at it. Explain why.

Matt Schaub: It’s one of my traits. I don’t know why exactly.

Cole: But you’re not that way with your teammates from what I’m told:

Schaub: I wouldn’t say I’m boring.

Cole: Maybe you wouldn’t, but plenty of other people do.

Schaub: OK, I’m not one to say anything. When I’m asked questions about football and things of that nature, I’m not one to provide bulletin-board material or express a lot of myself through the media. I’m going to keep it low-key and go play the games.

Cole: Where does boring come from? Did a coach instill that? Were your parents like that?

Schaub: I think it comes from my parents and how I was brought up. Coaches have instilled some of that in me, but it’s just not my nature, not my personality.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-schaubqa060110