View Single Post
Old 07-17-2004   #3
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

great link sassy.

In one part you had the new language reading: "If the receiver attempts to evade the defender, the defender cannot chuck him or extend an arm(s) to cut off or hook him, causing contact that impedes and restricts the receiver as the play develops."

But there was also a passage that was inserted for fairness to the cornerback or safety in coverage who banged into a receiver and it read: "Beyond the five-yard zone, if the player who receives the snap remains in the pocket with the ball, a defender may use his hands or arms only to defend or protect himself against the impending contact caused by a receiver."

-
why do i feel the need to make a direct comparission to a charging foul in basketball? i dont think it will be that much diffrent i guess.

-the advantage is clearly in the favor of the reciever.

-this penalty adjustment was a direct result of the division confrence playoffs.

-i think this renewed vigor for pass interference may impeed the trend of aquiring bigger physical recievers.

-i mentioned robinson earlier as a prime suspect ,but now i'm also starting to think glenn may have just as many flags due to his more ingrained habbits...

and in the link clayton suggest more man coverage to combat the pass interference but wouldnt the opposite be true? it seems to me a cover 2 or zone scheme would infact be a better adjustment should this become a signifigant factor...