Thread: Fan Stereotypes
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010   #15
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fan Stereotypes

I'm going to just say it like this. I have been and always will be a Cowboys fan. When I think about rivalry the two teams I think about most are the Eagles and the Steelers. It's always great to beat the Giants, and they have for the most part owned us the last few years, but I don't hate them, actually I can't really say that I dislike them. We have beat the Redskins so many times even when we were only winning one hand full of games, that it takes too much energy get the rivalry juices flowing. However, we were very united when Sean Taylor was murdered.

We Palestine folks love Adrian Peterson and he returns and spends lots of time in Palestine. There's an annual day planned in his honor and it's a big event. We love him and he knows it. However, make no mistake when the Vikings played the Cowboys in the playoffs, the fanbase was solid, even the one who organizes his event. Even when the family traveled to Minnesota he was quite gracious in inviting them to the locker room, dinner, and his home. It wasn't because he needed to gloat because they won.

I'm trying to recall, but when we lost to the Texans, wasn't that at least the third year of winning five games? Good lord, we were awful. But, I knew I wouldn't be bailing on my team, so I just had to grit my teeth and bear it.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote