View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010   #38
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: (Alan Burge column) Tate a happy Texan; Ryan Mathews "scared" he'd be a Texan

The thing that I didn't like about Mathews is how the first major story the local media did about him was the 100,000 dollar car he bought. I know it probably has little to do with nothing, but I just got a bad vibe, like he feels he's already made it and accomplished. Then when you read the reports that people had to stay on his ass to keep him motivated...it usually doesn't work out when you give those type of players big money. (but then again...maybe I'm just completely off base and it's just a west coast thing)

On the flip side we saw how happy and emotional Tate was and how he's currently working with some of the best backs in the game. Tate just seems more hungry.

The last player I saw get that emotional when Houston drafted him was Dunta Robinson and regardless of how his career ended in Houston, he had one of the best rookie seasons ever in this franchise's short history.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote