View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010   #17
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: (Alan Burge column) Tate a happy Texan; Ryan Mathews "scared" he'd be a Texan

Okay, I might be walking out on a limb here......but I'm just going to throw this out there.

How many players from Fresno State really get drafted in the 1st round? I'm going to say not many, infact after checking, it isn't many. He's the 3rd highest drafted Bulldog in school history behind (obviously and painfully) David Carr and Trent Dilfer (#6 ovrl) and he's only the 5th player in school history to be taken in the 1st round (J.D. Williams and Logan Mankins).

Now allums talk to college players all the time..especially ones that come from a school with such a short list of 1st round products...what's to say after Ryan Mathews saw his name slotted next to Houston in just about ever draft that he didn't talk to David Carr? What if David Carr didn't have alot of positive things to say about the team and Kubiak who finally pushed him off the team?

I know there's alot of speculation there, but it's a interesting scenario. I just don't see how a player says..."I was scared I was going to go to Houston". When Houston didn't even get a chance to draft him. If he was happy to be in SD, he should've just said he's happy to go to S.D. and not have said anything about a team that drafted after he was already off the board.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote