View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: (Alan Burge column) Tate a happy Texan; Ryan Mathews "scared" he'd be a Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I love all the different takes on this. This thread is awesome so far.

The thing that sticks out, to me, is that he used the word "scared." Which can be interpreted in many ways, according to each person's opinion or agenda. I foresee Cushing and Pollard using it as bulletin board material.

Yeah, he probably meant that he didn't want to last until pick 20. Our name had been associated with potentially targeting him at #20, so he was "scared" that he would drop that low.

But it still remains that we DID take a running back in round 2. So now our guy will square off against Mathews when we play them, and I think that's going to make guys like Cushing and Pollard see to it that Mathews has the lesser day of the two running backs. At least I hope so.

I want to see a huge professionally-printed banner hanging over the doorway of the Texans locker room, when we are vs. Chargers, that says this:

"All the talk about Houston and stuff, it really started to scare me and everything."- Ryan Mathews
If you like these posts, read the other thread where this came up over a week ago.