View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010   #7
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: September 26th, The Day of Reckoning

I'll answer this now but some housekeeping. 1) not sure what the "fans" deal was all about. 2) Cowboys secondary isn't trash. Newman is getting a little long in the tooth but can still play and they have two young studs in Jenkins..a pro bowler in his 2nd year..and Scandrick. 3) Mario might have taken half those plays off where Flozell would try and trip...that or Flo would have false started

With all that said, it is a scary game. Despite what I feel are realistic criticisms of the Texans...can Kubes coach big, can they win big games, is the secondary any good, etc...I think they are a hell of a talented team and a team that could be a big player if they get it all together. I think the offense, when given time, can slice up opponents. However they have had trouble against aggressive 3-4 teams so my Boys might cause some issues in the backfield. I think the Texans will have the same issues secondary wise vs a strong WR core of Dallas and a QB in Romo who can make plays with his feet. Add in speed and power at the RB position and its hard to stop them when rolling.

This may seem weird to say but since I've been on this board 5 years this game doesn't make me nervous in the sense of Dallas can't win but I do expect there to be alot of emotion on the Houston side where this game may get people into thinking too much if they win and too harshly if they lose. I won't talk trash but I will expect it to be talked alot here and on the radio, etc. I think from the Cowboy standpoint is a very tough game but one that is just another on a very hard schedule. I think that is how they have to look at it since many will have them as SB contenders talent wise. Overall I get nervous about winning any game...realizing potentional and reaching expectations.

Overall I expect most real Cowboy fans to look at this as a game against a very talented team that can keep up on the offensive side and who can cause problems on D stopping the run. I say a close shootout in the 30s with it going either way.