View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010   #25
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: San Francisco & Texans trade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Hold up one moment. Do not go overboard with the hyperbole. Thomas is a great player but to call him one of the best FS prospects to come out in years is a stretch. Eric Berry is the best FS prospect to come out in years.

I put Berry, Sean Taylor(2004), LaRon Landry(2007), Brandon Merriweather(2007) and Michael Huff(2006) as the best Free Safety prospects in the last 6 drafts. I am not sure where I would put Thomas, but he is not in the top 5 of basically the past 6 years.

He is a very good prospect, but he is not one of the best FS prospects to come out in years. And this is coming not only from a guy who pays attention to the draft, but a HUGE Longhorns fan.

Mike Mayock disagrees with you. He came out and said" He is the best free ranging safety to come out in six years. " He does this for a living. I would be OK with the move up and the loss of the two. We do not know for sure if he can or can not play corner. But next to Pollard, he could cover up all the warts with all the CBs and DBs we currently have on the roster. Further, if we're moving up to nine I would expect it would be to get Thomas or Iupati, and not the under sized Spiller. They both solve major holes on the team . And each elevates his side of the ball to the point it would raise the team as a whole.