View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010   #25
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: John McClains Mock Draft Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I can't see the separation in talent in what's available at CB in the 1st and 2nd round. However, RB and interior O-line have a much larger gap. From what I've seen, there's Pouncey, then everybody else. Including Iupati, whom I consider a major project.

There's no way I would take a CB in the 1st round of this draft. Not when there is as much depth available, combined with the fact that there are no elite prospects at the position. On the other hand, Pouncey is an elite prospect at Center. Dan Williams is an elite prospect at NT. Earl Thomas is an elite prospect at Free Safety. And, I consider Spiller and Mathews elite prospects at RB. It's no lock that any of these guys will be available. But if one is, I grab him and find a darn good corner in the 2nd round.
my point exactly. let's get Pouncey in 1st then address CB and RB later. Hardesty would be a good fit and give us a short yardage, goal line option.

Matthews helps the running game when he plays but Pouncey would help the running AND passing game when ANYONE plays.

if kollar and bush like Williams, I could see us maybe going for him over Pouncey but Dan is moving up boards real fast.

McClain is a moron, but I do think he is on to something with him projecting a lot of OL going early. I could see that happening.

2 MOAR DAZE!! DRAFT TIME!