View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010   #48
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW

Rep Power: 41 SF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My New Mock Draft

LT may be a big need for the Bucs but I see no way they let one of the DTs get by them. Either McCoy or Suh surely would be the best player available, and Tampa's defense desperately needs help at just about every position. Both of these guys can fit into Tampa's attacking defensive scheme, not to mention that rumor is that they're enamored with both of these guys.

I can't say I've seen a mock with the combination of Graham and Pouncey going to the niners. Although interesting, I find both of these picks highly unlikely. First, the 49ers have a top ranked pass rush and have a lot of young talent at OLB already, especially with Ahmad Brooks really comin' on at the end of last season. Plus, our front office has shown before that they won't draft guys with height/weight limitations at that position early (i.e. first couple rounds). They have had success mining the later rounds for pass rushers (ex. Parys Haralson), so I think if they do draft a pass rusher, it won't be until later.

As for Pouncey, the 49ers already have a good center in Eric Heitmann. We even drafted a center in the 4th (cody wallace) a couple years ago to groom behind him and take over once Heitmann leaves. Either way, heir apparent or not, the 49ers front office does not believe in drafting interior linemen in the first round. Even if they did, OG is an area of greater need, so Iupati would be picked before Pouncey would. Not to mention that he is better value, too.

If the first part of the draft unfolded like that, I am confident the 49ers would select Joe Haden and Anthony Davis before the combination of Graham and Pouncey.