View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010   #15
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: San Francisco & Texans trade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Hold up one moment. Do not go overboard with the hyperbole. Thomas is a great player but to call him one of the best FS prospects to come out in years is a stretch. Eric Berry is the best FS prospect to come out in years.

I put Berry, Sean Taylor(2004), LaRon Landry(2007), Brandon Merriweather(2007) and Michael Huff(2006) as the best Free Safety prospects in the last 6 drafts. I am not sure where I would put Thomas, but he is not in the top 5 of basically the past 6 years.

He is a very good prospect, but he is not one of the best FS prospects to come out in years. And this is coming not only from a guy who pays attention to the draft, but a HUGE Longhorns fan.
I think if he had stayed one more year at Texas he would have been a Top 10 pick & in discussion with those names submitted. remember Earl is only a redshirt sophomore
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote