View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010   #13
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: San Francisco & Texans trade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
If we did trade 2010's 2nd and 2011's first round pick, it would have to be to get Earl Thomas at #13. That makes sense, you're talking about one of the best Free Safety prospects to come out in years, and he would give the Texans more marketability around the state. Use that 20th pick on CB Wilson or Haden if they are there, if not try to trade back 4-9 spots and get McCourty. The could sell Ryan Matthews to the Chargers for a swap of our 3rd and their 2nd. Now that would be a bold set of moves on the Front Office's part.
Hold up one moment. Do not go overboard with the hyperbole. Thomas is a great player but to call him one of the best FS prospects to come out in years is a stretch. Eric Berry is the best FS prospect to come out in years.

I put Berry, Sean Taylor(2004), LaRon Landry(2007), Brandon Merriweather(2007) and Michael Huff(2006) as the best Free Safety prospects in the last 6 drafts. I am not sure where I would put Thomas, but he is not in the top 5 of basically the past 6 years.

He is a very good prospect, but he is not one of the best FS prospects to come out in years. And this is coming not only from a guy who pays attention to the draft, but a HUGE Longhorns fan.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote