View Single Post
Old 07-16-2004   #20
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I have mixed feelings 'bout what we gave up for Babin in the draft - but it's worth it if he can perform as hoped for at the all important OLB position in our
3-4 D. At the same time, I'm so glad we didn't move up in the draft this year to take Sean Taylor (a widely rumored move by us which was popular with a lot of Texans' fans) - because it would have cost us dearly and for what - an allegedly great college football player playing the relatively unimportant position of safety.
That's my same argument for Coleman - if Robinson meets our expectations and has some time to develope he will be an upgrade over Coleman(and a young player who will be with us for many yrs) and the latters importance to the team can now be discounted because he's playing a far less important position with his move from CB to safety.
But as Lucky pointed out, we suffered mightily with Stevens - but he was an inferior athlete and player by NFL standards. A larger problem re. our D than Stevens missing all those tackles is that we depended on anybody making so many tackles 30 to 40 yards down the field and beyond the line of scrimage.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote