View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010   #31
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Post Pro-Day AWTBEER MOCK DRAFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
??? Didn't the Texans last year have the availabilty of taking BPA that also fit the top need?
actually both teams courted Cedric Benson, who turned out to be a huge hit for them, like Pollard was for the Texans. the surprising thing was once Rick Smith & the Texans failed to address RB in free agency, they also failed to draft one.

I wanted Shonn Greene in the 2nd & was mad as hell they passed on him for Connor Barwin. Shonn would have had a major impact for the Texans more so than Barwin (who is developing nicely). The difference we're having is you see Cincinnati back-field as set while I see this as an opportunity to add a prime time playmaker who would fit their open offense, offer depth & development opportunites for the RB corps plus shifting workload off Benson to keep him fresh. Before being picked up Benson was always banged up rushing for 747, 674, 647 & 272 prior four years, not excatly overwhelming. Inactive for Games 10-11 due to a hip flexor strain that sidelined him in first half Nov. 15 at Pittsburgh … Also inactive for Game 16, Jan. 3 at New York Jets (rested for the playoffs) whom they faced & lost to 24-14. The rest served him well as he carried the rushing attack (none of the other backs could produce) for 169 yards, one TD on 21 carries (Shonn Greene had the same number of carries & TD's for 135 yards). When Scott got his chance due to Cedric hip flexor strain weeks 10-11-12 he was very productive in that offense but could not sustain it because of a foot injury (durability concerns). Brian Leonard had a whopping 84 total rushing yards for 2009. mostly used in pass pro & receiver out of the backfield 30 receptions for 217 yds. So I do see this as a serious need & Spiller would be a perfect fit not just for a Carson Palmer offense but for upgrading the overall quality of the position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Who did you have rated higher than Cushing that was still available?
I would assume that Cushing was bpa on their board. turns out he should of been bpa on teams picking before the Texans too. I had Matthews rated equally with his connections the choice by a nose.

Last edited by beerlover; 04-04-2010 at 02:05 PM. Reason: grammer
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote