View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010   #5
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: pbat488's First Round and Texans Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
I think that would be quite a haul for the Texans if it panned out that way. I just don't see Haden falling that far. I know he ran slow at the Combine but he made up for it at his Pro Day (4.43 I think). If he's there though, they gotta take him.

Tate, Newhouse, and Johnson would all be solid picks. Not sure about Owens in the 5th, but a number of people on this board are high on him. I just didn't think he would be heavy enough (304 lbs) to play the NT or 1 technique though they say he's as strong as an ox (44 bench presses). The rest of the late round picks looked good too.

Overall, good job!
I dont think Haden is going to be there either, but beerlover and awtysst make a very solid case for it with their mock draft, and I trust those guys' evaluations. Also the OP's mock looks pretty solid too, no glaring mistakes (just my opinion). Although I will say I doubt the Raiders take Campbell.

About Owens, the DT position is not all about weight. It is about leverage, explosion and strength. Owens has all of those in spades. Peoples' biggest mistake when scouting defensive tackles is overvaluing their weight, it is what is giving us Terrence Cody in the late first, even though he can't get tie his shoes without needing oxygen.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote