View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: draft info wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Good suggestions so far. Griffen could definitely sneak his way up. I see McCourty, Jackon and Allen possibly going in the 20's but not before our pick.

I see too many mocks that have Dan Williams and Brian Price going late first. I think 1 or both could go before us.

Tyson Jackon at 3, Mark Sanchez at 4 (trade) and Darrius Heyward-Bey at 7 were all eyebrow raisers last year. Joe Flacco picked at 18 during '08 was a huge surprise way out of left field. Those kind of picks happen every year and part of the reason why I find the Draft so intruiging/fun!

I could see Dan W. sneaking into the top 10 as one of those type of picks. Maybe Sean Weatherspoon going before us. Carlos Dunlap isn't talked about too much before our pick. And Dexter McCluster is such a wildcard to me. I highly doubt he goes before our pick, but I can see him going late 1st or early 2nd possibly or slipping into the 3rd.

Basically all it takes is 1 team to REALLY like a prospect and not want to take a chance on him being gone. Baltimore - Flacco is the perfect example b/c they even traded up for him. If I have to pick a darkhorse, a complete surprise this year at QB: it might be Sean Canfield. Not saying he goes top 20, but I think he could be a guy some team might pull the trigger on b/c he'd be a great one to groom.
OMT, I don't recall you evaluating Jackson CB. What do you see? If we trade down to Chargers for example, the guys I like are prob not there. At the moment I would have to move a player up quite a bit to get the need position filled.